Moose. Owned by the Moose Mining Co., incorporated April 15, 1872; capital stock, $2,000,000, in 200,000 shares, $10 each; offices, Dudley, Colorado, and 62 Broadway, New York; organized by Daniel Plummer, Richard B. Ware, Joseph H. Myers, Andrew W. Gill and Judson H. Dudley; Daniel B. Allen, prest., Charles M. Stead, vice prest., Harry Allen, sec, Jacob Houghton, supt. The property of this company is well developed, and situated on the north slope of Mount Bross, four miles from town of Dudley and ten miles from Fairplay. It comprises twenty-five lodes or mineral veins, covering 160 acres of the surface. The vein is a contact deposit; the ore is galena, sulphurets and zinc-blende, ranging in value from 40 to 700 ounces silver per ton. The buildings consist of a blacksmith shop, ore houses, a boarding house with accommodations for 80 men, the office, and the works. The works have a capacity for treating 10 tons of ore per day, they cover one acre of ground, and are situated beside the Platte river, in town of Dudley, one mile from Alma, and seven miles from Fairplay.