An enterprising village in the northeast corner of Ionia county, 17 miles northeast of Ionia, and 7 north of Pewamo, on the D. & M. R. R., its nearest railway station. It is on the line of the projected Coldwater, Marshall and Mackinac R. R. It derives water power from Fish creek, being situated on that stream about two miles from its confluence with Maple river. It is surrounded by a good farming country, of which wheat, corn, oats and hay are the staple crops, Lumber alone is shipped. Settled, 1852. Incorporated, 1868. Present population about 700. Express—American. Mail daily. John R. Abbott, postmaster.
Ware Rev W H (Methodist Episcopal).
A village of about 350 inhabitants, on Looking-glass river, in Dewitt township, Clinton county. It is 9 miles due north of Lansing, and 14 south of St Johns. It was settled in 1833, and is in a region of good farming land. It has a daily mail from Lansing, via which point goods should be shipped, J. A. Sweet, postmaster.
Ware Mrs C, milliner.