”At the suggestion of the Rev. A. H. Bassett, the Ohio Annual Conference, Methodist Protestant Church, at its meeting in September, 1852, took steps to establish a mission, to be called Mechanicsburg Mission. Rev. S. P. Kezerta was appointed to the work, and, on February 13, 1853, he organized the Mechanicsburg Methodist Protestant Church, with a membership of ninety-two.
On February 26, 1853, the following officers for the society were elected: Trustees, …J. R. Ware, …”
The History of Champaign County, Ohio, by John W. Odgen, 1881, page 600