W.H. Ware (the boy-preacher), 1868
It was under the general banking law of 1837 as amended that Branch County took never-to-be-forgotten lessons in financiering. The county then had a population of four thousand, and the village of Coldwater numbered about five hundred souls.
The stockholders were: …J.S. Ware…
Source: History of Branch County, Michigan, by Crisfield Johnson, Everets and Abbott, Philadelphia, 1879