“THEODORE F. DAVIDSON, M. D.
Dr. Theodore F. Davidson was born in Greenup, Kentucky, September 4, 1845, and died of organic heart disease at his home in this city, March 22, 1905.
He was educated in the common schools, and professionally in the Cincinnati College of Medicine and Surgery, from which institution he was graduated in 1870. After studying medicine with Dr. Samuel Ellis of his native town he began the practice of his profession at Liberty, Indiana. In 1872 he removed to Portsmouth, where most of his professional life was spent. In 1898 he came to Columbus. He was, for a time, one of the physicians of the Columbus Hospital for Women, and later chief of staff of Mercy Hospital.
Dr. Davidson was married in 1866 to Annie E. Ware; he is survived by his wife and six children. He was a member of the Broad Street M. E. Church of this city and “held high places” in the Odd Fellows, Patriarch Militant and the Order of United Workmen.”
Source: Columbus Medical Journal: A Magazine of Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 29, by Columbus Medical Publishing Company, Columbus, Ohio, 1905, page 255