Added by: Rich Ware
” Aura was born on the Sam Brannen farm, located one-half mile west of Greentown, in the first log house built in Greentown by a white man. Aura later moved to the Brannen farm. The original farm house currently stands at 712 W. Main St., Greentown. It has siding on it to preserve it. Edna Hackler currently resides there (a/o July 1986).
2. Aura’s middle initial “M” stands for Mary. Sources: (1) Ltr from Paul Arldon Ware to Howard County, Indiana; (2) Sweet memories, p4; (3) death certificate of Paul A Ware.
3. Aura was married to Oliver on Saturday, Aug 20, 1887 at 8:40pm, in Greentown, Indiana. Edward W. Osborn, minister of the Methodist Episcopal Church officiated. Witnesses to the marriage were Mr. & Mrs. Thomas H. Price, Algea Osborn; A. L. Johnson and Lorena Penland.
4. On Nov 19, 2009 Rich & Linda Ware visited the gravesite of Aura M. Ware at the Inglewood Park Cemetery, 720 E. Florence Ave, Inglewood, CA (GPS of Park: Lat: 33deg 58′ 04″ Lon: 118deg 20′ 18″). Aura is buried next to (on the left) Paul A. Ware at the cemetery. Her husband O. M. Ware is buried to the right of Paul A. Ware with a plot break between Paul and O. M.”
Added by: Rich Ware
Sources and Notes provided by Rich Ware
1. Family group records of Jack Austin Ware.
2. Sweet Memories, “Births”–old family records.
3. Howard County Board of Health Birth Record, H-6, p. 19, created June 2, 1977, shows Mary Elizabeth Ware as a child of O. M. and Anna [Aura] Ware.
4. Letter dated 11 Feb 1958 by Paul Arldon Ware to Howard County Vital Statistics.
5. Photocopy of marriage license from Howard County Clerk’s Office, located at Kokomo, Indiana.
6. Howard County, Indiana Marriage Records, Vol. II, 1874-1888, p. 74. Records are located at the Greentown Community Library.
7. Picture of the Sam Brannen farmhouse where Aura was born.
8. Greentown newspaper, 28 Aug 1937 giving marriage information.
9. Letter from Aura to husband Oliver Morton. Oliver was living in Denver, CO working & Aura was in LA, CA. She signed the letter “Dode”.
10. 1880 US Census for Calvin Armfield living in Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana. Lists Calvin Armfield age 58 born abt 1822 in NC and he is a widower (occupation: farmer), son John Armfield age 18 born abt 1862 in Indiana, Ora [Aura] Price (Granddaughter of Calvin) age 9 born abt 1871 in Indiana (is attending school). Because of the recent death of his wife, he has two women doing the housework, Mary Stallings age 75 and Annie Blanche age 16.
11. 1900 US Census for Jesse L. Ware living with his siblings and parents in Liberty Township (Greentown), Howard, Indiana. Lists Oliver M Ware (head) age 35 born Aug 1864 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana (his father was born in Ohio and mother in Indiana), wife Aura age 29 born Sep 1870 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana (her father was born in Maryland and mother in North Carolina), son Russell A. age 10 born Jun 1889 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana, dau Lorena age 9 born Oct 1890 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana, son Jesse L. age 6 born Jan 1894 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana, son Paul A. age 3 born Oct 1896 in [Greentown], Liberty Township, Howard, Indiana.
12. 1910 US Census for Monna L. Ware in Shelbyville, Indiana, dated 22 Apr 1910, lists Oliver M. Ware (head) age 45, wife Aura M. age 39, children: Russell A. age 20, Monna L. age 12, Jessie L. age 16, Paul A. age 13 and Mary E. age 9. All were living in Shelbyville, Shelby, Indiana at 86 East Broadway Street.
13. 1920 US Census for Oliver M. Ware living in Los Angeles, California. Lists Oliver M. Ware age 55 born abt 1865 in Indiana, wife Aura M. age 49 born abt 1871 in Indiana, son Paul A. age 23 born abt 1897 in Indiana, dau-in-law Kathrine E. Ware age 19 born abt 1900 in California, grandson Jack A. Ware age 3 born abt 1916, and granddau Mary R. Ware age abt 1 month born 1919.
14. Los Angeles City Death Index, 1946, R-Z, No. 17468, Vol. 487, died Nov 5, 1946. The death month of Sep is apparently incorrect.
15. Inglewood Park Cemetery Records have Aura buried in Lot 100 Plot Myrtle. Her grave marker states: “Aura M. Ware, 1870 – 1946”.
Source: Find A Grave
Created by: Rich Ware
Record added: Dec 01, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 81350052