The J. M. Gates House is located at 714 East Oak Street in Kingman, Arizona. The house was built in 1915 in the Bungalow/Craftsman style with the only bungalow with a corner entry. Mr. Gates came to Arizona in 1910, worked at a mercantile store in Chloride, Arizona. In 1915, Gates and local businessmen Allen E. and John Ware started the Central Commercial Company. The store open in 1917, eventually the Gates family owned the business. The family occupied the home until 1952. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Source: Wikipedia, on-line