”METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH.
The Methodists were the first to hold meetings of a religious character in this township. As early as 1831 and ’32, meetings were held at the residence of John Cornish, and in the school-house in later years. …
W. H. Ware (the boy-preacher), 1868;”
Reference Data:
History of Branch County, Michigan, by Crisfield Johnson, 1879, page 237
