“Glenn’s Store.
This hamlet is 19 m. N. E. of Columbia, on the Franklin and Lewisburg Pike. R. A. Glenn opened a store here, 1854, and in 1873 the P. O., formerly held at Hurt’s X Roads, was moved here and the name changed to Glenn’s. Mr. Glenn succeeded Warren as P. M. in 75; A. E. Glenn came, 82; C. B. Spratt, 92; Thos. Knott, 96; J. A. Caskey, 97, until rural delivery came, 1903. J. G. Fleming succeeded Caskey in merchandising, selling to R. B. Glenn, Jan., 1905.
Glenn’s Chapel.—New Hope M. E. Church was started at Hurt’s X Roads about 1830 on lands donated by Bird Hurt. Among early members were J.
D. Warren, E. H. Ware, S. Early, Maj. Reynolds, Sr., Stuart Diamond, and Billy Wilford. The church was remodeled about 1855. About 1886 R. A. Glenn donated a new lot near the store, and Glenn’s Chapel was built.”
Reference Data:
Century Review, 1895-1905, Maury County, Tennessee, by David Peter Robbins, 1905, page 157
