“William G. Ware, son of Josiah H. and Huldah G. (Hale) Ware, was born Feb. 1, 1832, in East Medway, now Millis, Mass. His father was a church organ builder, son if Dea. Joseph Ware, of North Wrentham, now Norfolk, Mass.
Dr. Ware was educated in the public schools and in 1849 entered Leicester Academy. In 1851 he began to turn his attention to the study of medicine, but not having the pecuniary means necessary, he resolved to devote himself to the organ business until he could command the funds to complete his medical education.
He was married, Feb. 7, 1856, to Angeline E. Ellis, daughter of Jane Ellis of Medway, who died a few weeks after, March 29, 1856, of comsumption. He married June 7, 1857, Mrs. Jane F. Daniels, a widow of the late Francis P. Daniels, of Medway.
In 1860 he commenced a more thorough study of medicine with C. Emory Morse, M.D., of Cambridgeport, Mass., and in the spring of 1866 graduated at the Western Homoeopathic Medical College of Cleveland, O., and soon after was elected member of the Hahnemannian Society of Cleveland. The following May he located in Medfield. In the spring of 1867 he removed to East Boston; but not liking the city and preferring a country residence, he removed, Nov. 1, 1867, to East Dedham, Mass. In 1868 he was admitted to membership in the Massachusetts Homoeopathic Medical Society, and in 1869 became a member of the American Institute of Homoeopathy. He has been very successful in his profession and won the confidence of the community where he lives as a faithful disciple of Hahnemann, who established the Homoeopathic law of cure: ‘Similia similibus curantur.’ ”
Source: The History of Medway 1713-1885, by Ephriam Orcutt Jameson and George James LaCroix, Published by the Town, 1886, page 439