“RALPH CHESTER DIXON. While many successful men represented in this publication have found their work as farmers, cattle men, merchants, bankers and in the professions. Ralph Chester Dixon has directed his energies practically along one line since leaving college and has made a notable success as a fruit grower and horticulturist in the vicinity of Arkansas City. He has a splendid fruit farm three miles northwest of the city, and is one of the leading commercial apple growers in the state.
Mr. Dixon is a native of Kansas, born at Caldwell August 5, 1875. His people have lived in America for a number of generations. The Dixons came originally out of Ireland and were colonial settlers in Maryland. Until the Civil war the Dixons were slave holders…
Ralph C. Dixon was educated at Drury College in Springfield, Missouri, and Kemper Military School at Boonville. He graduated in 1895, and since that year has been engaged in the fruit business at Arkansas City. Mr. Dixon’s fruit farm comprises 400 acres. It is chiefly devoted to apples, and during the ordinary season he is one of the chief shippers of fruit fro this point. He and his family live on the farm and he gives it the closest of his personal supervision from the early spring until the crop is gathered in the fall. His winter home is a modern residence, complete with all details, which he built in 1917 at the corner of North B Street and Chestnut Avenue in Arkansas City.
Mr. Dixon is closely allied with the interests of Arkansas City, is a member of its Commercial Club and a director in the Security Bank. He is a Democrat and is affiliated with Crescent Lodge No. 133, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Bennett Chapter No. 41, Royal Arch Masons, and Arkansas City Lodge No. 956, Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.
He married in 1906, at Arkansas City, Miss Marie Ware, daughter of J.M. and Sarah (Adams) Ware. Her father is now retired at Lawton, Oklahoma.”
Source: A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans, Vol. 3, by William Elsey Connelly, Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago and New York, 1918, pages 1532-33.