”Frank M. Whitacre received his education in the common schools. He has never been away from home for any length of time, having always lived upon the old farmstead, in whose fields he has labored day after day in the cultivation of the crops, which have returned good harvests in the early summer and the golden autumn. He was married, January 25, 1882, to Miss Mary Ware, of Eaton, Preble county, a daughter of Kerry and Catharine (De Land) Ware, both of whom are living in Union City. Their marriage has been blessed with four children: Josie M., Walter D., Rosa L. and Fern M. The three younger children are in school. The family is one of prominence in the community and Mr. and Mrs. Whitacre enjoy the hospitality of the best homes in this section of the state.
Farming has been Mr. Whitacre’s life occupation. For twenty years he has cultivated the old homestead place of one hundred and twenty acres, and like most of the agriculturists of the community raises corn, wheat and hay, making a specialty of the last named, for his upland meadows yield a splendid quality of hay. He also raises horses and cattle and the sales of his stock and farm products bring him an excellent income. He is now regarded as one of the prosperous and progressive farmers of the community, and has a fine property whose neat and thrifty appearance indicates to every passerby his careful supervision. In his political views he is a stanch Republican and, though living in a Democratic township, has frequently been called to public office. He was the township clerk for four years, has been notary public for the past nine years, and was appointed census enumerator for his township in May, 1900. He holds membership in the United Brethren church, is the circuit steward and has acted as teacher and superintendent of the Sunday-schools. His life is upright an honorable, unclouded by a shadow of wrong or suspicion of evil, and his useful career is in many respects well worthy of emulation.”
Source: A Biographical History of Darke County, Ohio, by The Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago, 1900, pages 412-3