“Christopher Was born in Stoney Creek township, Henry county, Indiana to his parents William P. Ware and Lucinda Main (dau of Christopher Main Jr. & Mahala Weaver). He married (1) Angeline “Angie” Conway on 8 Jan 1870 in Tipton County, Indiana (Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941) and they had one child, Alettie Ware who was born in 1871 in Union township, Howard county and died two years later (1873).
Christopher attended the Indiana Medical College in Indianapolis in 1871 and practiced medicine in West Liberty, Indiana shortly thereafter.
Christopher and Angeline apparently divorced prior to 1888 as Christopher married (2) Mary Belle Zentmeyer on 21 Jul 1888 in Howard county (Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941) and Angeline Ware married again on 12 Jan 1889 in Howard county (Howard county Marriage Record, book C-36, p. 3).
Christopher and Mary Belle Zentmeyer had one child, Ralph Hoyt Ware (1890-1970) who became a physician as his father. Ralph married Hilda Irene Thompson on 9 Dec 1914 in Louisville, Kentucky. They had one child, John Christopher Ware (1916-1999).
Christopher passed away in 1924 in West Liberty and was buried in the Simpson cemetery in West Liberty, Union township, Howard county, Indiana.
1. Biographical & Genealogical History of Cass, Miami, Howard and Tipton Counties, Indiana; Vol. II, 1898, pp. 1362-1364.
2. Headstone at Simpson Cemetery, West Liberty, Howard, Indiana. Pix 18-18
3. Headstone reads: “Christopher G[rand] A[rmy] R[epublic] 1844 – 1924″. The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) was a fraternal organization composed of veterans of the Union Army who had served in the American Civil War. The GAR was among the first organized advocacy group in American politics. It was succeeded by the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (SUVCW). (Wikipedia)
4. Directory of Deceased American Physicians, 1804-1929 listing Christopher M. Ware, born 23 Jul 1844, died 18 Aug 1924 in West Liberty, Howard, Indiana. He practiced allopathic medicine in West Liberty, Indiana beginning 21 Oct 1911. He attended the Indiana Medical College at Indianapolis in 1871. His license in IN, 1897 and his JAMA citation is 83:861.
5. 1850 US Census for William Ware living in Green Township, Howard, Indiana. Lists William Ware (head) age 28 born in Ohio, wife Lucinda age 24 born in Indiana, son Christopher age 5 born in Indiana, dau Caroline age 3 born in Indiana and son Luther age 9 months born in Indiana.
6. 1860 US Census for Wm Ware living in Union Township, Howard, Indiana (Jerome Post office). Lists Wm Ware age 37 born abt 1823 in Ohio, wife Lucinda age 35 born abt 1825 in Indiana, son Christopher age 16, dau Caroline age 13, son Luther age 11, son John age 9, son Lewis age 6, son Henry age 4, and dau Samantha age 1.
7. 1870 US Census for Christopher Ware in Union Township, Howard, Indiana, lists Christopher Ware age 26 as a Physician born in Indiana, and his wife Angie age 18 born in Indiana.
8. 1880 US Census for C. M. Ware in Union Township, Howard, Indiana, listing C[hristopher]. M. Ware age 36 from Indiana, and his wife Angeline age 28 born in Indiana.
9. 1900 US Census for C. M. Ware in Union Township, Howard, Indiana listing C. M. Ware (head) born July 1844 age 55, and his second wife Belle born Jan 1862 age 38. Thier son Ralph W. was born July 1890 in Indiana and is age 9. Belle’s father was born in Pennsylvania and her mother in Kentucky.
10. 1910 US Census for Ralph H. Ware (son of Christopher & Mary Belle) in Union Township, Howard, Indiana, listing Christopher M. Ware (head) age 65, wife Mary B age 48, and son Ralph H. Ware age 19.
11. 1920 US Census for Christopher M. Ware in Union Township, Howard, Indiana, lists Christopher M. Ware (head) age 75, and wife Mary B. age 58 living in West Liberty, Union Township, Howard County, Indiana.
12. 1930 US Census for Mary B. Ware in Union Township, Howard County, Indiana, lists her as a widow, age 68. The census is taken on 14 Apr 1930.
13. Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941. Mary B. Zentmyer married Christopher M. Ware on 21 Jul 1888 in Howard County, Indiana. Book C-5, p 514.
14. Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941. Angeline Conway married Christopher Ware on 8 Jan 1870 in Tipton County, Indiana. Book 3, p 366.
1. Christopher was a member of the Methodist Church near West Liberty. He was also a member of the Masonic fraternity, and several medical societies.
2. Christopher was buried in the Simpson Cemetery, West Liberty, Indiana. It is only about .8 of a mile from where his father, William P. Ware was buried in the Forks of the Creek Cemetery.”
Horace Reven Record added: Aug 07, 2009
Maintained by: Rich Ware