Ware Cemetery is located in Section 9 Township 27N Range 9W in Alfalfa County. From the intersection of State Highways 132 and 11, west 7 miles to north on County Road 720 for 2 miles, then west on Jefferson for 1/2 mile — it is on the south side of the road.
This cemetery is in the Locust Grove School district. The cemetery served the needs of the community surrounding the Union Valley Church that is located 1 and 1/2 miles west of the cemetery. It is the oldest church in the county. On April 21, 1895, it was dedicated as a Methodist Episcopal Church, and later changed to an undenominational church. The state fish hatchery is located west of the cemetery. The Fish Hatchery Club helped in marking a number of the unmarked graves. Each lot is 20×20 and divided into four separate lots.
Sources: Google maps and Surveyed by Pauline Hopkins & Verla Blackledge. See www.okcemeteries.net/alfalfa/ware/ware.htm to view photos of gravestones.
|Lot 1||Ware||Elizabeth A. (Gaines)||Feb. 3, 1886||May 14, 1942||See photo|
|Lot 1||Ware||Richard Terrel||Dec. 24, 1856||Jan. 24, 1942||See photo|
|Lot 1||Ware||Robert W.||May 26, 1882||Feb. 4, 1946||See photo|