Merchant Tailors—No. 521-2 Merrimack Street, Up Stairs.
Messrs. Thomas C. and Alfred D. Ware formed the existing copartnership about six years ago and established themselves in business at No. 524 Merrimack street, occupying the second floor for display of goods, cutting department, etc., the workshops, employing from fourteen to eighteen hands, being situated above. This house devotes exclusive attention to fine merchant tailoring, and, carrying a choice and varied stock of the best imported and domestic woolens, offers superior inducements to those who appreciate high-grade materials. Both brothers are practical and experienced cutters; all work is done on honor, and patrons may depend upon unsurpassed materials, trimmings, fit, style and workmanship at lowest living prices. In this instance at least merit wins, and Ware Brothers command a large and steadily increasing trade from the most desirable class of city and country patrons.
Inland Massachusetts Illustrated, The Elsener Publishing Co., Worchester, MA., 1891, page 269