“WARE, Frank S. one of the prosperous business men of Montgomery County, owns and operates a grain business at Butler, where he makes his home. He was born in Butler Grove Township, August 15, 1882, a son of Arthur and Addie (Aten ) Ware. During his boyhood, Frank S. Ware, attended the Ware’s Grove district school and the Butler High school from which he was graduated in 1902, and during the winter of 1903-4 he attended college at Carthage, Ill. Mr. Ware taught school in the Montgomery County districts, and also was engaged in farming until 1914 on rented land to the extent of 300 acres, with his brother Roy, he moved to Hillsboro, and embarked in a feed business, and in 1915 opened a grain elevator at Butler, the two conducting their business ventures under the firm style of the Ware Brothers.
On October 19, 1906, Frank S. Ware was married to Nina Glassel, who was born in Butler Grove Township, a daughter of Edward and Elizabeth (Remeusnider) Glassel, natives of Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio, respectively. Mr. and Mrs. Ware have three children, namely; Mary Elizabeth, Jessie Catherine and Arnold Glassel. Mr. Ware is a Lutheran. A Republican, in politics, in 1916 he was a candidate of his party for school director, and elected to that office which he still holds. The Butler Camp of the Modern Woodmen of America holds his membership. A man of energy and excellent business judgment. Mr. Ware has forged ahead and deserves the success which has come to him.”
Source: Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois, Montgomery Co., Vol 2. by Alexander T. Strange, Munsell Publishing, Chicago, 1918, pages 1177-8